In addition to providing excellent protection against corrosion, hot-dip galvanizing will also help mend any installation or use-related damages. For this reason, it is a popular surface treatment method that is widely used by the construction industry, in railway, road and power line construction, as well as in vehicle and engineering workshop structures and, for example, in yard furniture.
Hot-dip galvanizing provides an excellent level of maintenance-free corrosion protection that will last for decades.
Our hot-dip galvanizing process is fully compliant with the international EN ISO 1461 standard, which guarantees its functionality for your needs. Our operations are also certified for their quality and environmental management. We are happy to consult about the visual appearance and thickness of any surface.
For climate stress categories C1–C3, we are able to provide a 20-year warranty on our coating. For more information and detailed warranty terms, please contact us. The warranty period must be agreed prior to coating. Our quality system is certified according to the ISO 9001:2015 standard and our environmental system according to the ISO 14001:2015 standard.
The steel is first cleaned by pickling it in dilute hydrochloric acid. The pickling process helps remove corrosion and mill scale. After the objects have been rinsed with water, they are then immersed in a flux solution where a protective salt layer is applied to their surface, preventing the steel from becoming oxidized before the actual zinc bath. If necessary, we can also subject any hot-dip galvanized items to a passivation process.
After the structure has been cleaned, it is immersed in molten (450°C) zinc. The zinc and clean steel react with each other and form a coating (3-layer phase bond + clean zinc). Depending on the silicon content of the steel, the thickness of the material that is to be galvanized, and the immersion duration, the resulting layer thicknesses can vary from approximately 40 to 200 micrometres.
To enhance the quality of our customer service and supply chain, we ask our customers to include a shipment note with the following information in every product batch:
- The customer’s complete contact information
- Desired surface treatment, such as hot-dip galvanizing or zinc electroplating, etc.
- In conjunction with zinc electroplating, the desired passivation method, e.g. yellow passivation.
- Dispatch list specifying the contents of the batch to be galvanized along with their package information, e.g.
4 pcs PP100*100*4 L=3500-4000 / 1 bundle
6 pcs HEA 200 L=2500 / 1 bundle
2 pcs FRAME PP80*80*3 1500*4000 / 1 bundle
154 pcs WASHERS 50*50*2.5 / 1 pallet
- The “work number” of the batch that is to be brought, e.g. site name
- Information on possible finishing treatments (painting, etc.)
- Information on any pre-agreed additional work, e.g. thread opening, surface protection or special packaging.
- The necessary drawings and instructions on surface protection and special packaging must also be provided
- In the batches to be delivered to the Turku plant, specifications on any additional work preceding the surface treatment, such as polishing, glass blasting or vibration
- Information on possible further deliveries (delivery address, cargo carrier, payer, possible contract numbers, etc.)
- The possible tender number associated with the product batch
If the customer orders the batch from a wholesaler or subcontractor, the identification information specified above must be provided with the batch as in direct customer deliveries.
You can use the following shipment note when you are bringing your products in for hot-dip galvanization:
Download the hot-dip galvanizing note here (Word File)
was founded in 1967 and specialises in metal surface treatment services and solutions. We produce, develop and design cost-efficient industrial service solutions – from the production process to the planning, finalisation and customer delivery process.
As a flexible service provider, we adapt to our clients’ every need: we can provide you with entire supply chains or even just individual services.